LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diadem tdms unit

Hello,

can anyone tell me how i can add the "Unit" information for Diadem by the *.TDMS file.
When I use the TDMS set Properties only the "Name" and the "Description" are visible in Diadem, the field by Unit stays empty.

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,794 Views)
Write the unit to a string property called "unit_string". The property can be set on each channel. The value will then show up in DIAdem.
Herbert
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,783 Views)

many thanks, it works!!!

Where can I find this kind of info about TDMS Streaming Files ?

greetings

Jos.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,774 Views)

How can this be done on each channel? I can only make it work once and it has the same unit for all channels which is wrong for me.

thanks!

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,229 Views)

6 years

Post your code.  All that is needed is a List Contents, then use a For loop reading the units for each channel.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,223 Views)

here it is in JPEG. this utility won't let me upload the vi for some reason. Maybe you can suggest the right block to insert?

thanks again

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,205 Views)

What you have would work if the Error Chain was not accidentally wired to the wrong terminal of write TDMS Data

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,177 Views)

Thanks for the help. I'm a bit fuzzy on the "Error Chain" can you explain that a bit more.

thanks

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,148 Views)

Oh I hope you are not referring to the dashed line. This is just a cut out of my actual code. In my actual code it is solid and works fine. I'm more interested in giving different unit labels for EACH signal. Not have the same Units for all signals.

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,143 Views)

The Snippet tool works well for uploading an image, that contains the source.  You coded your application to write the same unit information for each channel.  If you want it to change you can use something like a case structure in the for loop, which has a different value, depending on the channel name.

Or you could have a 1D array of string constant, auto-indexed into the for loop, where each element in the array corresponds to the unit to be used for each channel.  Of course for this to work the two arrays must be of the same size.  For this reason the case structure might be the better option, because you could have a Default case that sets an unspecified channel to some default unit.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,138 Views)