LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Devicenet error -107438895​7

Hello,

This is duplicate post here, I didnt see any response in Automotive & Embedded network board, hoping I will find something here.

First time I am working on DeviceNet. I have PCI8532 DeviceNet card, communication is between NI PCI 8532 and one of my client product.

I am unable to open the DeviceNet port to establish proper communication. I am getting the error code "1074388957" i.e The interface is invalid or unknown,

The device which I am trying to connect has MAC id =63 and baud of 125K. In MAX I can see Devicenet hardware.

I tried all the available inputs in the enumeration list from "dnet0 to dnet 31" no success.

Please let me know how can I troubleshoot this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,197 Views)

Just asking the obvious...

Do you have a 24V DC power source connected to the card and the Client product?

Do you have the 120 Ohm terminating resistors connected on each end?

I used a different Devicenet card (NI-DNET) and the pinout of the Devicenet connector was rather confusing to my electricians - but I don't remember the details...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,186 Views)

Yes 24V power supply is connected between V+ and V- lines and termination resistor.

I have attached images of what I found in Dnetcfg.exe. More over I am not able to download the EDS file of the device which I want to communicate.

I dont see many posts on DeviceNet in here, request NI engineer to put some light on this, what am I missing ?

DeviceNet card PCI 8532 has 4 LED's I do not see any LED being set.MAX detects DeviceNet card and Self test is pass. So I assume card is proper.

Please help me out

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,178 Views)