LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detecting .NET callback from WebBrowser control

Has anyone ever tried (or seen someone) use the .NET WebBrowser control with the property "ObjectForScripting" enabled to "true" with LabVIEW?  Enabling that property allows a script within a webpage to call an external function in .NET code.  The example syntax from a page's Javascript would be "window.external.test()" where "test()" would be an method implemented in .NET code (either C# or VB....).  Was wondering if I could somehow catch that as an event call the appropriate callback VI... may be a far stretch...

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,413 Views)

Just to clear up what you are asking, you want to catch the event when someone calls a .NET function in a webpage and make a call to a VI based off of that? I'm having some trouble understanding your application. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,278 Views)

I had a quick look at the documentation but without you actually writing a .NET application I'm not sure how you can define the .NET function for your 'test' function (i.e. the one that gets called from the web browser).

If you're trying to communicate between LabVIEW and a web browser (even one embedded in your VI), I suggest you take a look at some of the WebSockets links in my signature - I've been able to embed a webpage with websockets into a VI and then communicate with it over LabVIEW - whilst not the same method as you're trying to achieve, you should be able to get the same end result.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,266 Views)