LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detect connection between pins using digital I/O

Thanks for the help!  I guess the 2012 and 2014 versions of those VIs look different.  I am using the VIs that you said they were but I am getting the same error no matter what I put in the I/O constant.  Both the VI as I have constructed it and the error message I am getting are attached below.  Is there some obvious mistake I am making?

My attempt.png

Error Code.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,090 Views)

My Bad!

This should fix you up.

Capture.PNG

That function between delete from array and create Task (Digital Input) is "Join Strings.vi"  Find it in "Hidden Gems"  or in <LabVIEW>\vi.lib\AdvancedString\

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(1,031 Views)

Thanks again so much for helping to walk me through this!  I made the changes you showed but there is now an error coming up as soon as the VI reaches the Read task.  The error I get and layout of my VI are attached below.

Updated Attempt.png

Error 200463_1.PNG  Error 200463_2.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(1,009 Views)

Odd,

Try sticking in this hack for troubleshooting (I really only have a simulated device here)

Capture.PNG

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(996 Views)

Thank you for being patient with me.  When I add the DAQmx Task Property Node as shown in your last comment, I get Error -200088 that occurs at argument 1 of the property node with the possible reason for error being "Task specified is invalid or does not exist".  Is it possible for you to attach a snippet in version LV2012 so that I can see if it runs without error on the physical DAQ?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(972 Views)