From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop execution trace toolkit 2009 windows 7 crash?

Solved!
Go to solution

Has any successfully ran the Desktop Execution Trace Toolkit 2009 in Windows 7 64-bit?

I had labview 8.6 installed, upgraded to LV2009 (64-bit) and installed the trace toolkit.  I would run but completely lock up.

I've since tried to install the LV2009 client (32-bit) and the same trace toolkit.  Now the trace toolkit will crash before anything come up on the screen.  It doesn't even show up in the MAX explorer.

Any guidance would be apprecieated...thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,707 Views)

Hi Dano,

The Desktop Execution Trace Toolkit 2009 is supported by Windows 7 64-bit OS, but it won't run on LV 64 bit.

It should however be able to run with LV2009 32bit on a Windows 7 64bit OS.  What exactly do you mean by LV2009 client?  When you get these crashes, do you have an crash log or any error provided when you start up LV again?

Tejinder Gill
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Visit ni.com/gettingstarted for step-by-step help in setting up your system.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,685 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dano142

To follow up on this....

I had been running a trial license of DETT since our license manager was out of country.  As soon as I was able to get a real license it stopped crashing.  I am running LV 32-bit in Windows 7 with DETT now w/out issue.  NI support was top notch.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,648 Views)