From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desktop Execution Trace Toolkit "Rules"

Sorry about the vague subject.

I've got a memory leak and naturally wish to use DETT to resolve the issue.  However, I continue to receive VI Server is not on or something like that.  I've got 2011 SP1, 2014 32-BIt, and 2014 64-bit installed on my dev machine.  The application I wish to remote DETT is a 2011 app.  When I try to use DETT for localhost, it apparently only "works" for both 2014.  But when running 2011 Dev, it can't find it.  All VI Server setup has been properly done, I can assure you.  I tested against my development because I can't seem to use DETT to remote.  My question: Does DETT have version restrictions?  Do I need to have 2014 RTE running on the remote machine in order to access VI Server?  Or do I need to be using a "2011" version of DETT to accomplish what I wish to do?  Basically, am I seeing version issues?  Or what issue could I possibly be seeing?  I saw an earlier thread for 2011 and the guy mentioned something for DETT that I don't see as an option anymore.  So to me, I think that clearly means that there is a distinct difference between 2011 and 2014 DETT.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,219 Views)

This is the 2011 application .ini

server.app.propertiesEnabled=True
server.ole.enabled=True
server.tcp.enabled=True
server.tcp.paranoid=True
server.tcp.serviceName=""
server.vi.callsEnabled=True
server.vi.propertiesEnabled=True
WebServer.Enabled=True
WebServer.TcpAccess="c+*"
WebServer.ViAccess="+*"
DebugServerEnabled=TRUE
DebugServerWaitOnLaunch=False

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,216 Views)

In answer to your first question: here is a link that illustrates the version compatibilities between LabVIEW and DETT

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/BD8A34014038D7EA86257D41000E7329

Rachel P. | Applications Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,174 Views)

I want to believe that this is true.  I've read that 2011 was the earliest version.  However, I can't use the DETT to even connect to my localhost LV11 IDE.  It works just fine with 2014 Dev.  But I get the VI Server is not on issue w/ 2011

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,145 Views)

What port are you using VI server on? You need to run VI Server on a different port in your application instance (e.g. executable, LabVIEW development environment etc.) and select the appropriate port in DETT.

For example, I have LV2012 and LV2013 both set to different ports (3363 and 3364) to enable to use the tool in the development environment but then any executables I want to use the tool with also need to to be configured to use a different port in the INI file (and it needs to be built with debugging enabled).

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,122 Views)

2014 64-bit was 3364

2014 32-bit was 3363

2011 was 3200

The 2014 toolkit just could not find the LabVIEW 2011 IDE. So, I removed the 2014 DETT and installed the 2011 DETT.  Interestingly enough, it can find the local IDE... but as a remote option and not a local option.  Even then, when I run an example VI project, enable the VI server, change its port to something else that's not being used, enable debugging, I'm getting Main Application Instance and no data.  Did the 2011 DETT just not work?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,109 Views)

For the Project Target (right click My Computer -> Properties) - did you set the options up there to allow TCP/IP VI Server access and set up the machine access list? 

2015-06-08_13-22-47.png

I seem to remember older versions of the DETT being a pain to set up and had lots of problems trying to get it working with my application - it was always some VI Server setting/configuration somewhere! It's very confusing when you have LabVIEW settings, Project settings and also the settings in your executable INI file!!

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,080 Views)