LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Desire VI Metrics Tool block diagram

@Rossc0Benn0 wrote:
Hello,

Very interested in using something like this myself. I have a huge number of vis which I would like to get some metrics from. I notice that the block diagram above uses a vi that looks  sometrhing like Compute Metrics for Display.vi within LabVIEW 7.1\project\Source Code Control\_sccsbvi, however we're using LabView 7.1 and my Compute Metrics for Display.vi is subtly different to that shown in the block diagram in that it has one less input than that shown in the block diagram. Am I missing something or is there another way to automate vi metrics over a number of vis.

Thanks in advance to any body who can help me out...

Ross

As you can see in the post before yours, LabVIEW 8.x adds application instances to the whole picture. Each applciation instance can contain one or more VIs loaded into memory and all functions accessing VIs need to know which application instance to reference. Before LabVIEW 8 application instances were only used for remote systems so the Compute Metrics for Display.vi which only could work on VIs that were local, did not need the application instance refnum.

Rolf Kalbermatter 

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 11
(320 Views)