LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deployment to cRIO includes source code VIs

After building and deploying code to a cRIO, I see that a huge amount of source code VIs are put onto the cRIO in addition to the *.rtexe file. What features of the code would cause these source code VIs to be needed in addtion to the executable?

I am using OOP in the code, in case that makes any difference. Thank you for your assistance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,718 Views)

If anything is dynamically called (which OO tends to do), that might be a reason it is on in the executable.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,704 Views)

I am using a child class that sometimes calls a parent's accessor or method, but there are no situations where what class is used is indeterminate at runtime. Would calling a parent's accessor or method be considered a dynamic call?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,667 Views)

Hi Chris_12345,

Are you "Always Including" the class in your build spec? If you are ever dynamically calling the class (which it does not sound like you are doing from what you said), then you should. If you are not dynamically calling it, then don't include it, and it shouldn't include those VIs.

Rahul B.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,628 Views)

I checked the Build Specification properties, and under Source Files, there is nothing under Always Included. However, under Source File Settings > Dependencies, I see that the dependencies are set to "Include if referenced". I don't see any way to change that. Can that be changed?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,561 Views)