LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploying an application using a component definition file is not working(cRIO 9035 - LV2015)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,
I created a stand alone real-time application for cRIO 9035 with component definition file but when I try to deploy with MAX, I cannot see the application - MAX has the standard add/remove software dialog. The files are created in "National Instruments\RT Images\User Components" folder.
I was able to do it with cRIO 9068 in the past without any issues. Do you know what am I missing?
I want to sent the build files to a colleague from another location so he can deploy to a similar system without me having to create a big image file with RAD for every small change in the code.
Thank you! 

Lucian
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,434 Views)
Solution
Accepted by LucianM

Hello Lucian,

What you describe is actually a known issue with the cRIO-903x family. The is already a CAR about it so even when I won't be able to give you a time frame for a solution, it is already being addressed by R&D. The CAR number is 545686, so if you see a bug fix with that number in a future software release, it will mean it was fixed.

Unfortunately, right now there is no workaround identified, so the only way to get the application running on any cRIO-903x is either pushing it through a project, or deploying an image (which is what we are trying to avoid with the component definition).

Regards,

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(4,406 Views)

Thanks @Cavarval for the quick response. We hope the fix will come soon..

Regards,

Lucian

Lucian
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(4,387 Views)

Hello Lucian,

Glad to help.

Camilo V.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(4,361 Views)

We have had similar issues when working with Linux RT based targets.

I believe the issue was caused because the component definition file was generated for pharlap based systems.

We currently solve the issue by manually changing the .cdf file so that it can be used to deploy to Linux RT based Targets.

<OS VALUE = "NI-Linux x64">

All Target paths should be updated to be relative to the Home Path

Any DLL's that are referenced should be removed, or replaced by the required .so files

and at the bottom of the file, you'll have to change the path style of the startup location to comply with Linux Path styles.

I'm currently working on a tool to automate this process, and execute this as a post build step.

But I hope NI will fix the issue in the near future 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(4,166 Views)

Hi Jorn,

DId you ever create an automated way to modify the .cdf file for linux RT targets? We have currently run into exactly the same issue and I am having trouble modifying the file to make it work.

Regards

Jon

Jon Bowers
LabVIEW Architect, TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(4,025 Views)

Hi Jon,

We've made a small VI that modifies the CDF file as part of a post build process.

I've attached the VI (LV 2014 SP1)

It won't win a beauty contest, but it works for us. 

There might be some more adaptations necessary depending on your application, if so, just give me a message and i'll see what i can do.

Message 7 of 8
(4,011 Views)

Hi Jorn,

Thanks for such a quick response! I modified the file with your VI and I can now install my application via the system config API.

Thanks for the help thats really saved me some trouble.

Regards

Jon

Jon Bowers
LabVIEW Architect, TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,984 Views)