From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy cRIO/FPGA project to identical targets

Solved!
Go to solution

All, I apologize that this seems like a common question, but I was wondering if anyone has any tricks up their sleeve.  I'm looking to create multiple, identical pieces of test equipment, and I'm looking for the most efficient way to have a single code base (RTexe and FPGA bitfile) that I can deploy to a bunch of cRIO-9035's. 

My best case scenario is that I can compile for one chassis and deploy to the rest, because I won't be able to support the equipment long term and that would minimize the possiblity of errors creeping into different compilations (and make it easier on anyone who upgrades the equipment later).  Also, it's about a half hour to recompile everything for a new chassis which is just a pain.

What do you all think?

Thanks,
  Jeff

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,530 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JeffOverton

Use the Replication and Deployment Utility (RAD).  It is a tool developed by NI System Engineers specifically for this purpose.  The idea behind it is to get one system up and running and then you take an image of it.  You can then deploy that image to the rest of your controllers.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(3,526 Views)

This is ideal, thanks for the quick response!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,521 Views)

I ran into an issue with the RAD Utility. I deployed an image to a chassis that had previously been up and running with Embedded UI, and now I'm stuck at a command line.  Any thoughts anybody?

IMG_20160815_134634.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,339 Views)

Sorry, ignore my previous post. It explicitly told me in the command prompt that Embedded UI isn't available in safe mode, which must have been enabled by default in the RAD Utility. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,334 Views)