LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demux a Signal in Labview after DAQ acquisition - Unbundle ???

Hello,

I am trying to demux a signal that has been digitally converted by the DAQ 6363. The bus signal (input analog signal) is formed with a  sequential sample that is related from its respective channel. Number of channels can dinamically change according to the experiment, as consequence, the number of columns from my output might need to follow it.

I would like in my output an array or variable that has the number of column as equal as the number of channels. I have seen in prevoius posts that the function "unbundle"  might do the job, but with a fixed number of columns.

Please, comments and suggestions are most than welcome

Best,

Joao S.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,148 Views)
When you use the DAQmx Read set for nchan, you can return the data as a 1D waveform array where each element in the array represents a single channel. You can optionally return a 2D dbl array but this has no timing information. Please don't use the DAQ Assistant that returns dynamic data.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,130 Views)

Ok, tks.

But, for example, if I do have a 1D array with 1000 samples (output of the DAQ assistent) and then I want to create a array with 4 columns where each column will have the following samples order

column 1: samples 1, 4, 9 and so on...

column 2: samples 2, 6, 10 and so on...

column 3: samples 3, 7, 11 and so on...

column 4: samples 4, 8, 12 and so on...

Would you have any idea to work it out?

Best

Joao S

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,114 Views)
Why would you want a 1D array? Are you taking a single sample per channel?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,082 Views)
The output of the DAQ is a single discrete signal that I want to demux info up to 4 different columns.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,076 Views)
A single discrete signal cannot be demuxed into different columns. A single discrete signal represents a single sample for a single channel. That is not the 1D array you were talking about. A DAQmx Read set for nchan 1samp returns a 1D array instead of a scalar and each element is a channel. Repeatedly smoking, you would build each acquisition (the 1D array) into a 2D array with s column for each channel.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,073 Views)