From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay in writing an analog signal from SCB 68 board

Hello,

I had thought I had solved the issue but new problems cropped up. The mode acquisition of the DAQ assist (read and write) affects the output greatly. Following are the different cases:

1. DAQ read assist - continuous samples; DAQ write assist -  continuous samples, Problem - Proper data logging (i.e if the entire program is run for 2 minutes, then the corresponding data for 2 minutes is logged) but delayed output from the SCB 60.

2.a)  DAQ read assist - continuous samples; DAQ write assist -  N samples, Problem - Proper data logging (i.e if the entire program is run for 2 minutes, then the corresponding data for 2 minutes is logged)and proper output from the SCB 60 (no delay). But then error 200279 is obtained after some time (error attached with the post)

2.b) If the data logging path is removed, then the program can be run for an extended period of time but eventually error 200279 occurs.

3. DAQ read assist - N samples; DAQ write assist -  continuous samples, Problem - improper data logging (i.e if the entire program is run for 2 minutes, then the corresponding data for 1 minute is only logged, I think the data is not read/logged during the write operation) and with delayed output from the SCB 60.

4. DAQ read assist - N samples; DAQ write assist -  N samples, Problem - improper data logging (i.e if the entire program is run for 2 minutes, then the corresponding data for 1 minute is only logged, I think the data is not read/logged during the write operation) and with proper output from the SCB 60.  But then error 200279 is obtained after sometime. 

What should be done to get the case 2a) with proper data logging and correct output (no delay) over an extended period of time? Is the error 200279 due to RAM limitations?

Kindly help me out.

Regards,

psks

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(258 Views)

So is your "5 second delay" being caused by the fact that you are sending a 5 second pulse output?  If so, that seems to be a pretty obvious explanation as to your original question.

I would break this up into 3 loops.

Loop 1.  Acquires data, then filters.  It then passes data to a consumer loop via a queue for data logging.  It also determines what the output of the analog output should be.  It sends a message via a queue to an analog output loop.

Loop 2.  Data logging.

Loop 3.  Analog output.  Dequeues the message and determines whether to send a 5 second pulse, or not.

Note that during the sending of the 5 second pulse, data is still accumulating in the analog input buffer.  That is why you are getting a buffer overflow error when you have them in the same loop.  You will need to determine what you want to do with the analog input data that is accumulating that is quickly becoming stale.  Do you discard it?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(242 Views)