LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining channel scale programatically in max

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to define a new scale for multiple channels in max. Currently I have 8 channels in max and that could increase to 32. I need a way to define the scales for these with my program I am using both cDaq and pci-50xe aquisitions for now everything is analog inputs. Basically I am trying to write a program to make the scales for each channel, it should be pretty simple. I cant create all scales necessary before running because there are too many different sensors. I would like to do it this way rather than creating a custom scale so that I can have multiple channels in the same task that all have different scales. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,551 Views)

You are probably going about this just a bit backward.  Certainly you can programatically create and save a scale to MAX. This is fairly straight forward.   The simpler method would be to define a scale for each type of sensor and apply the sensor generic scale to all channels that have that type of sensor connected.  One scale per channel is completly unneecessary.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,544 Views)

Thanks, the only issue with that is the inacuracy between two load cells for example the scaling could be enough off that it would cause issues for my application. So for this create and save scale method would I need to say each one has this specific scale and then edit it in the progam so that it saves to max and is used when the channel is called?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,534 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Billy331

Ah.  you are really talking about applying "Calibration factors" to your specific sensors. (sort of a poor man's TEDS) right?

in this case I use a "Master" scale "MyLoadCell" that sets the units and provides a "Nominal" scale and apply the specific gain and offset to each sensor through a scale property node.  You have a few ways to store that information in your system.  Named MAX Scales may work well in your case and the DAQmx>> Advanced>> Scale setup pallet offers two options to get those scale properties applied.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 5
(2,522 Views)

Exactly I was able to get it to work thanks for the help. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,511 Views)