From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defining a linear custom scale in Daq Assistant Labview 7 express

I have come accross a strange bug and am wondering if anyone else has encountered this before, I am reading from a 4-20mA current module and want to view the output in percent, i.e. 4mA is 0% 20mA is 100%. When defining the custom linear scale in Daq assitant I used a slope of 6250 and a y intercept of -25, which theoretically is correct. However, when I run the code with an 8mA input I'm reading 0.1% output. If I change the slope to 6225, I get an output very close to 25%, however I can't run the code with a slope higher that 6225 without getting erroneous output. Is this a reported bug? I'm not sure how to trust the scaled output from Labview if this is the case.

Thanks,

Mike
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,336 Views)
Hello Mjhill,

I did the same using voltage. I output on one channel, read it back on another channel and using the scale you gave, I did not have any problem. Can you try doing it this way to see if you still see a problem with your scale?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,327 Views)