From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defect logging system

Hi NI,

I am working in a Validation team.

I am aware of NI activeX excel sheet and all...

I am planning to design a tool which should be internal to the validation team...

Idea is

A team of 4 people.

1.  All 4 are validation engineers..'
  2. Validation for a release say started on 10th dec (9:30 am)
  3. But the fourth guy started his testing by 1:00PM on the same day..
  4. By this time already the other three could have logged some bugs...
  5. So to overcome the redundancy i want to develop a common tool which should accept bug no.
  6. version and a brief description.
  7. the moment the people open it should be able to see the defects of that particular release with date and time.
  8. Can anybody suggest me how to start with....
  9. or if anybody already developed a tool of this kind in labview please let me know..

All suggestions are welcomed as how to kick off

-Suneel.V

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,662 Views)

In other words, you want to create something like Bug Tracker or Bugzilla. Bugzilla is the only tool that I have used and a couple validation teams that I've known have used that as well. The number of companies producing bug tracking software is fairly large and with established apps like Bugzilla being free, you are going to have a hard time competing. Also, if you plan on using Excel like in your post here, you would be crippling your application from the very beginning.

This may not be what you wanted to hear but you might want to reconsider if this is a commercial product you want to develop.

Message 2 of 3
(2,647 Views)

Yes Dennis,

You are correct.

even i have surfed in net after posting the message here.

Bugzilla probably i will install in one of my PC's and if it works well i will let my team know about the same...

Thanks for sharing your valuable support.

DO let me know any other solutions for validation team which should be cost effective.

-Suneel.V

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,631 Views)