From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default property node label location?

Is there a way to set the default location of the label on a property node in the block diagaram?   I've searched and found the settings for control terminals, constants, indicators, and "other" in the Tools/Options/Block Diagram Tip Strips and Labeling window.  Seems to me that this should be an "other", but when I set it to Right-Top and do a cleanup on the highlighted selection, LV moves the labels back to the Left Top position.  Might I be missing something or is this just a glitch? (I'm running version 13.0f2)

Thanks!

Chad

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,307 Views)

@chuggins1434 wrote:

Is there a way to set the default location of the label on a property node in the block diagaram?   I've searched and found the settings for control terminals, constants, indicators, and "other" in the Tools/Options/Block Diagram Tip Strips and Labeling window.  Seems to me that this should be an "other", but when I set it to Right-Top and do a cleanup on the highlighted selection, LV moves the labels back to the Left Top position.  Might I be missing something or is this just a glitch? (I'm running version 13.0f2)

Thanks!

Chad

Clean-up or, Ctrl+U, does not respect your LabVIEW.ini Options for label placement.

(I Know it should....Smiley Frustrated)

Its better to not need clean-up! and wire your code neatly to begin with.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,298 Views)

For some odd reason mine does.  I had reset my control terminals label location from Left-Middle to Right-Middle and highlighed that portion and it moved all of the labels from L to R when I did a cleanup.  I didn't like it so I switched the options back to L-M and highlighted them again and did a cleanup, it moved them right back.  It's just the property node lables that will not stay where I put them no matter where I put them. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,285 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

@chuggins1434 wrote:

Thanks!

Chad

Clean-up or, Ctrl+U, does not respect your LabVIEW.ini Options for label placement.

(I Know it should....Smiley Frustrated)

Its better to not need clean-up! and wire your code neatly to begin with.

Hmmm, I use the cleanup button to set labels to the settings I chose all the time.  I have LV 2013, so when I make a subVI from a piece of existing code, the terminal labels in the subVI are always massively screwed up.  I stick em in a one-frame sequence , select the sequence and do a cleanup.  The labels magically go where they belong.

[edit] I have my labels set up as controls to the left, indicators to the right.  (Center, I think.)[/edit]

And... yeah.  If the magic cleanup button makes your code look better, it's probably time to re-think your coding practices.  😉

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 4 of 7
(3,246 Views)

And... yeah.  If the magic cleanup button makes your code look better, it's probably time to re-think your coding practices.  😉

That gets a Kudos (and possibly an entry to LabVIEW Proverbs)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,209 Views)

That gets a Kudos (and possibly an entry to LabVIEW Proverbs)

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,199 Views)

@billko wrote:

Hmmm, I use the cleanup button to set labels to the settings I chose all the time.  I have LV 2013, so when I make a subVI from a piece of existing code, the terminal labels in the subVI are always massively screwed up.  I stick em in a one-frame sequence , select the sequence and do a cleanup.  The labels magically go where they belong.

[edit] I have my labels set up as controls to the left, indicators to the right.  (Center, I think.)[/edit]

You can also use the quick drop for that, ctrl+space and then ctrl+T.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,150 Views)