LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decoding Manchester encoded data

Hi , as part of my project I shall take Manchester coded data and decode it. 1/2 bit low 1/2 bit high is decoded as 0 and 1/2 bit high 1/2 bit low is decoded as 1. Sync is also invalid manchester pattern of 1 1/2 bit high and 1 1/2 bit low. Attached picture can shows an example of sync bits+data bits

I know how to decode the code but my problem is timing. The sync pulse is created by FPGA through FIFO. Can you show me how can I extract the invalid sync bits and start decoding when the sync pu;se triggers in LabVIEW

many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,891 Views)

Are you trying to do the decode in the FPGA or in the host?  It is a lot more efficient to do this decode in the FPGA.

It is a lot easier to look at this as each data bit is 2 transmit bits.  So then your sync is actually 6 bits long (3 bits high and 3 bits low).  And then your data bits are determined from 2 transmit bits from there (F, T = T; all others are F).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,882 Views)