Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decal Custom Control

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I need some help.

I am trying to modify this control to put a "1" on it.

I need to merge the 1 and the run graphic so when the user can click on the button over the "1" and the button works.  Right now when you try to click on the "1" the button doesn't work.  The button works when you don't click on the "1".  I have been trying to copy the graphic into a graphic program, saving it, and then trying to import it as a decal.  This has only made a really crappy looking picture.

I was hoping somebody with more experiene with graphic tools can help me out

Thanks

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

Message 1 of 25
(5,541 Views)

Here you go!

You actiually needed  to edit the picture element for the individual Bool state(see below)

untitled3.PNG

By adding a new element on top of the state picture element you can't drop-through to the active layer.  BTW- this was done in 5 minutes with paint.  Just a bit of familiarity is all you needed!

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 25
(5,527 Views)

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for you help, but still not exaclly not what I need.

I tried to do what you sugested but all the states now look like a depressed button.

I want the icon to apear in all states.  I think I need to import the icon as a decal.

Can you post just the icon or tell me how to do it in paint?  I am really illiterate when it comes to graphics.

I have been trying to figure this out and I am an hour in.  That is why hopefully someone like yourself can take pitty on me...

Thanks for you help

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 25
(5,525 Views)

Not a problem, Just add the same graphic to each of the picture items.  The decal is not "active" so clicking it gets you no activation.  (you can cheat a little and add a picture item to the TEXT but this causes so re-draw errors at times. (the text can go funny) 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 25
(5,516 Views)

Hello Jeff,

Getting There,

I need the button to highlight when the mouse moves over it.

I have attached the control without my modified "1".  The functionality needs to be that same as the attached control.

It is from the Missing System controls suite.

Thanks for all your help.  This kind of stuff drives me crazy...

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 25
(5,509 Views)

Here is one the way you want it.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 25
(5,504 Views)

Hello Tim,

The functionality is there, but the modified icon looks fuzzy around the edges.

This happened to me when I tried to copy to paint, modified the picture, and then reinserted it.  Was that what you did?

Thanks

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 25
(5,499 Views)

Here is what I did:

First I made a custome Icon. (I did not use this in the first try) This is in the second control at the bottom. It should not be fuzzy now.

test.png

If you click on the control and go to the advanced area then to customize you can edit the control.

Customize Control.png

Next you need to click on the wrench icon and go to the edit screen

Edit.png

Next you need to import the file by right clicking on the arrow picture. See below.

Import.png

Use the import from file option.

That is all you need to do.

Tim
GHSP
Download All
Message 8 of 25
(5,491 Views)

Well- Graphic Artists don't write a lot of LabVIEW either!!!

Yes the control editor can be a pain to learn! and i'm still unclear on how  to add a glyph without modifying an existing one!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 25
(5,488 Views)

Every time I play around with graphics, I come to have deeper respect for graphic artists.

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25
(5,484 Views)