From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

De-allocate memory after execution of main application

Thank you Ben.

Anandelamaran Duraisamy,
Senior Project Engineer,
Soliton Technologies (P) Ltd,
www.solitontech.com
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(394 Views)

Hey everybody,

I´m working on an algorithm to process large images. The program runs quite well. The problem comes when I do changes in the code after an execution. Labview tells me the memory is full and does not let me save.

It´s strange since I have 16 GB RAM and at the moment of saving less than 7 GB RAM are being used in the computer. 

If I close the program, open it again, do the changes (without executing it), I can save normally. 

In any case, the result of my algorithm is to be saved in an Excel Table. Once the excel has been generated I would like to liberate all memory without closing the program, I tried with request deallocation, but did not work.

Help is highly appreciated.

best regards

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(348 Views)

Hi

you say that you have 16 GB of RAM in your PC. I assume you run a 64Bit Windows. Do you also run the Labview 64Bit version?

The 32Bit Version will only address somewhat around 2GB no matter how much physical memory you have.

When processing large images (or arrays) check the data-duplication in the dataflow. The request de-allocation works only for the SubVI where you call it. So you'll have to do it with a lot of consideration.

Please report again about your environment. What type of images are you dealing with. Do you really need 4Byte per pixel, full color ? A 16 Bit gray image might save memory.

Gabi 

7.1 -- 2013
CLA
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(335 Views)