From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datex AS3/5 medical monitor

I am looking to aquire data from an Datex medical monitor. The data is aquired via a serial port. There is a customized protocol for data collection.
I am looking for a VI to do this?
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,266 Views)

Hi,

The following page lists medical devices and the software (shareware) for them. It also has an entry for LabVIEW for your Datex AS3:

http://www.anestech.org/publications/text-shareware.shtml

You may want to write to the contact and get the VIs.

Regards,

Khalid 🙂

Dear Khalid

Thank you for your reply. I have tried this route without success.

Cheers
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,265 Views)
I've written a driver for the Datex AS/3. Sorry I made such a late response to your thread. Contact me at finepl@umdnj.edu
Message 4 of 11
(4,223 Views)

I have also been unsuccessful getting intelligible data via the serial port.  The company has been quite unhelpful.  I tried to reach: finepl@umdnj.edu, but got rejected by the server.  Any help anyone can offer would appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,762 Views)

We have a Biomedical User Community over at ni.com/biomedusers - you may find more help for this question on that forum.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,752 Views)

I did a serial interface to that monitor a long time about 2002. From what I can remember it was not that hard. All you need is in the protocol description. I guess you have that? Then you post show links to manuals and include code. And also tell what you have done so far, and why and how you struggle. Does not work. Will give us no help in helping you.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,743 Views)

I am trying to interface Datex Ohmed S5 monitor. I have a docoument in which interface is given in C++, but i am not able to detect information that what request we have to write in visa for getting blood pressure anf heart rate data. So please give us suitable protocol a/c to labview . Is there any block digram for interfacing of Datex Ohmeda monitor is available?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,333 Views)
What is the protocol? Attach the manual or better describe it. Also attach whatever code you might have written. This is no different from the previous response 4 years ago so you should have included it. Unless you get lucky, you'll probably have to write the driver yourself.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,323 Views)
I found a manual for S5 Collect and its written in LabVIEW and it mentions that plug-ins are available with source code. Contact the vendor.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,301 Views)