LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date picker

Solved!
Go to solution

I require to provide an interface to the user to choose a start date and end date to sort some data and display. 

Ideally I require an interface like the one you find in online hotel booking sites - you choose the year ,  month and then the date.

Choose Date.PNG

Any standard tools are there or I need to work from basics and go about it??

Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(9,249 Views)
Solution
Accepted by MogaRaghu
What is wrong with the calendar button of the timestamp control?
Message 2 of 12
(9,221 Views)

To expand on this, you could cannibalise the calendar feature of a timestamp control - have a look at <LabVIEW Installation Folder>\Resource\Dialog\picktime.vi.

Alternatively, you could use a .NET calendar control - there's a good starting point here.

---
CLA
Message 3 of 12
(9,214 Views)

@thoult wrote:

To expand on this, you could cannibalise the calendar feature of a timestamp control - have a look at <LabVIEW Installation Folder>\Resource\Dialog\picktime.vi.

Educational.

Message 4 of 12
(9,191 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:

Frankly I am unaware of such a control. Will search anyway. In the interim the following code works fine :

Day Of Year.PNG

Raghunathan
LabVIEW to Automate Hydraulic Test rigs.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(9,180 Views)
Since that does not display a calendar, I don't see how it answers your original question but whatever works . In the meantime, please take a couple of minutes to actually look at the controls you have available. Much more than a string control is on the palettes.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(9,157 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:

Kudos to Dennis!

2015-05-27_lv_datepicker.png

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(8,955 Views)

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:

It looks too childish for some of the say serious applications Smiley Very Happy

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(8,023 Views)

@Abdulaev_Rustam wrote:

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:

It looks too childish for some of the say serious applications Smiley Very Happy

Please tell me more about these "serious applications".

Curious,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 9 of 12
(8,015 Views)

@Ben

Please tell me more about these "serious applications".

Curious,

Ben

The 90's are calling, they want their controls back! Let's face it, it looks pretty rubbish and antiquated and has fallen of Windows 95. Sorry for raising an old thread, but I'm looking for something similar and stumbled across this and had to comment...

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(6,718 Views)