LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date and Data matrix

Hi,

I have a resistance measurement system which makes measure for 6 channel 5 times once I press start bottom. I wolud like to join the date (y,m,d, h,min and s) in which these measurements are made. How can I create a matrix with these data:

Date  Time  Channel 1  Channel 2   ...    Channel 6

...        ....    ....            ....             ...    ....

For every loop, I would like that matrix adds 5 new rows.

Have you some ideas?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,598 Views)

The Seconds to Date/Time function from the Timing palette will get you a cluster of values which includes the data and time information you want. You will also need to convert the numeric outputs to strings and concatenate them.

Date format.png

In LabVIEW we use the term "array" for what you appear to be calling a matrix.  LV also has a matrix datatype but its use is restricted to some special purpose linear algebra calculations.

All elements of an array must be of the same datatype.  You cannot mix strings and numerics in the same array. The date in y, m, d format is not a number but can be represented by a string which is the result of concatenating strings representing the year, month, and day.  To create an array of your measurement data and data and time, a string format for all the data seems appropriate. Thus, you would need to convert the data from teh 6 measurement channels to strings also. There are function in the String palette to do the conversions and to format the data to look like a spreadsheet. The string can then be written to the file.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,574 Views)