LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datasocket Problem

Okay, now I attached the files..
aj
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seriously concerned about the Labview subscription model
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(814 Views)
Hello –

Are you running the DataSocket Server on the same computer or on a remote computer? If you are running the server on a remote computer, does running it on the same computer fix the problem?

Are the two computers on the same subnet? If not, does configuring them to be in the same subnet fix the problem?

Something to remember is that every time you make changes to the Data Socket Server Manager (add groups, permissions, etc.), you must restart the DataSocket Server for the changes to take effect.

SVences
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(633 Views)
When you predefine data item with the server manager, you have to check a check box allowing more than one writers to the data item. Without that, your client can't work, because your server monitor vi claims that writer control. Since you seem to not predefine a data item on the server, you would have to use vi server or property nodes to allow multiple writers. I haven't yet looked for such property nodes, but I do remember that datasocket has very few methods and properties you can control. Basicly thay want you to predefine your data item.
hope it helps,

aartjan
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(626 Views)
I checked and found no methods for datasocket and some properties for retreiving buffer sizes and URL etc. No way to programatically configure a data item.

aartjan
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(623 Views)