LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataSocketServer

Hi pals!

Anyone know where can I found information about DataSocketServer, DataSocketReader, I need to write process data to SQL Server in other PC (in same LAN)..this is possible using DataSocketServer, DataSocketReader.....but I don't know how set it.

thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,824 Views)

If you are looking for general datasocket explanation some material is available here and some tutorials here. Also LabVEW help is a good place to read on specific functions and how Datasocket can pragmatically open and close connections.

Are you generating data on first PC (likely running LabVIEW) and trying to write that data to SQL on second PC? If you are using LabVIEW (for example) on both the PCs the writer will publish and the reader will subscribe to data. Datasockets can also be used between other applications like LabVIEW and Teststand to send data to and fro.... basically as far as the PC's are on network and that is true in your case as I understand.

CLD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,814 Views)

Hi juribe,

Can you tell me whether LabVIEW is there in other PC also (IN same LAN)?

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,805 Views)

Hello,

yes I'm generating data on first PC(LabView) and trying to write to second PC (SQL).....I must to install some component (DataSocketReader) on SQL server PC?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,778 Views)

hello srikrishnaNF

yes, I have 4 PC with LabView, all of them should write data to same SQL server.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,777 Views)

Hi juribe,

If you want to put the data in database,then you have to use database connectivity toolkit and you have to use dsn files to specify the sql server location.Data socket server and client are used to transmit data from one pc to another pc in a LAN,just like any TCP/IP..

Thanks and regards,

srikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,764 Views)

Hi srikrishnaNF!

I'm really new in labview, if I understood, I do not need the DatasocketServer?, then I need to use the Database Connectivity Toolset, create an udl or DSN, then I must to put some programing blocks..right?

thank you for your patience!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,733 Views)

1. To write the data to database use the Database connectivity toolkit.

2. When you need to send (or publish) data between 4 pcs then use datasocket. You will need one server and there can be multiple clients that can subscribe to server and receive the data. If you do not want to publish the data on other Pc's then you do not need datasocket.

Hope this helps.

CLD
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,724 Views)