LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DataSocket attribute on Real-Time

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone managed to use DataSocket attributes on LabVIEW Real-Time platform. The NI VIs for managing attributes doesn't work due to ActiveX, so do you have other ideas ?

Thank you,
Alex

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,056 Views)

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone managed to use DataSocket attributes on LabVIEW Real-Time platform. The NI VIs for managing attributes doesn't work due to ActiveX, so do you have other ideas ?

Thank you,
Alex

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,053 Views)

I haven't used DataSocket attributes, but if you give more information on what exactly you are trying to do we might be able to suggest some alternatives.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,010 Views)

Hi Matt,

I have 2 application which communicates through Data Socket. I need to rewrite one of them and in the same time move it on Real-Time target, so I would like to keep the same data exchange format. Unfortunatelly, I couldn't figure out how to use (write / read) attributes on Real-Time LabVIEW, apparently the NI VIs have an ActiveX which is not supported on RT.

Best regards,

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,995 Views)

Hey Alex,

Are you encountering an error when trying to use them that indicates they're not supported? It seems like you should be able to use them for certain things on LabVIEW RT. See below for information on what DataSocket protocols are supported on in LVRT.

Can I use DataSocket in a LabVIEW Real-Time Application?

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/F2B4B40FA614E99986256A5C0068D11C

Eden K
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,970 Views)

Hi Eden,

I can use the dstp on a RealTime target to write and read data with a DS server, but I'm not able to write/read the attributes. There are some VIs on dataskt.llb which can manage these attributes but I couldn't make them work in Real-Time target.

Regards,

Alex  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,962 Views)

Hey Alex,

I can't find anything specifically that says whether or not reading and writing attributes is or is not supported. I'll dig a bit more and see if anything comes up. LabVIEW usually won't let you use VIs that aren't compatible. Are you sure that everything is configured correctly? Could you attach a screenshot of your attribute reading/writing code for us to see?

Eden K
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,946 Views)

Well, once I try to use a VI from Dataskt.llb I get a "Type not supported in the current target" so I think it's pretty clear.

I'm looking for a workarround if exists or not.

Thanks,

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,937 Views)

Hey Alex,

The "type not supported on current target" usually refers to a data type that isn't compatible with the target. Could you let me know which VI it is that causes you to get that error? And you're running this on the RT side of the system correct?

Eden K
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(3,892 Views)
Hi Eden, Please find in the picture mode details about the error. Regards, Alex
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,858 Views)