cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data storage and read

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I got a problem in data storage and read. I used the combination of "Open data storage", "Write data" and "Close data storage" to store some data as an array as shown below.

Immagine.JPG

And used the inverted combination to read data as shown below:

Immagine1.JPG

As shown the data file is in tdm form. This works fine in my computer, both the VI and the stand alone application. However when I run the stand alone application in a target pc, the storage file can't be generated!

I don't know if it's the problem of my code or the problem of the target pc, since the target pc has tiny memory card with few drivers installed. I'm wondering if anybody could help me fix this problem. If there's other way I can store and read the file? or if I can make the target pc generate the tdm file.

Thanks!

Chao

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,356 Views)

What error is being presented when the file isn't being generated?  Is it an error with permissions?  Or an error with a folder not existing?  Can you manually make a file in the location where you expect the file to be generated?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,342 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jcraffael

Hi Chao,

The target machine needs NI USI installed to run the Storage VIs.

Did you include NI USI into your application installer? You can check it in the Additional Installers page in the AppBuilder.

Hope this helps,

Mavis

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,327 Views)

Hi Mavis,

That's the problem! This time I included NI USI installer and it works!

Thank you very much for the help!

Chao

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,306 Views)