LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data export to excel

Dear users,

Sorry if I repeat a question, I searched this forum for solution of my problem and didn`t succeed. I am very new to LabVIEW. I need to export data from 3 channels (Stokes vectors) to 3 labeled columns in Excel. Every measurement session should create a new sheet in one excel file. I tried methods described on http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/pub/p/id/1339, but due to lack of knowledge didn`t get what I need.
It would be very nice of you to help me with this situation, I attach a screenshot of block diagram  and vi. I hope this is very simple for experienced LabVIEW users.

Best regards,
Alex

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,021 Views)

not exactly your requirement but can be customized. Let me know if you need some explanation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
Message 2 of 9
(3,019 Views)

Sorry for stupid question, but how can I connect my output channels (Stokes 1, Stokes 2, Stokes 3)  with your scheme? Thanks for help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,011 Views)

Its not stupid, it happens. Some how you need to acquire the data, you may use serial comm, or some kind of interface. This application only will write the data it got. It cant help in acquiring.

Let me know your application

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,974 Views)

My vi is in attachment in the first post. There are 3 output channels (Stokes 1, Stokes 2, Stokes 3, marked on the picture) which I need to connect with your data saving application.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,960 Views)

Where you are storing the data...Database?

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,957 Views)

Linkup you can do is reading first from database and later using my application

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,956 Views)

Hi AlexKTH,

I have modified Ranjeet Singh's VI a bit so that it might be easier for you to use with your attached VI in mind. As you can see, I have prepared three arrays for you to insert your Stokes data. I noticed from your attached VI that the Stokes values are scalars. However, you describe that you want collumn vectors in your excel data sheets. I then take it that you will prepare arrays from your scalars before saving your Stokes data to Excel? My attached VI is created with this in mind.

The VI also assumes that you want to save data continuously, thus it will create a new worksheet within a period that you decide. If you want to save to Excel by the press of a button, then you can use my VI and edit it to instead use an Event Structure with an additional idle state (waiting for you to press a button and save to file).

In the VI, replace the prepared three arrays with your real arrays. As mentioned above, the arrays will be collumn vectors in the Excel file that you determine the path for (see control on the frontpanel). For each loop (in this example every 1000 ms) you will generate a new worksheet, labeled with the local time of the experiment (down to 1/10 of a second). Observe that no two labels can have the same name.

I saved the file in version 2011 as I saw that your saved your VI in that version. Please give some feedback if this is of any help to you.

Message 8 of 9
(2,915 Views)

Hi PontusMarkstrom,

Thank you for your help, you did really great job! I am now connecting arrays. I must say I gave you not correct information - output data are not vectors, but just scalars, numericals, and they will not be converted to vectors. Sorry for that, now I will make everything working.
Thank you again!

Alex

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,887 Views)