LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data base error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello to everyone,  it's my first time using labview, i've been doing an applicatation to write into a database, this database has almost 8 tables with diferents numbres of colums, i'm using labview 8.6 so when i indicate the name of columns the program show me a pop up error message, could you please check my vi and tell me what's my error because i don't want to type the name of columns of the different tables

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(6,979 Views)

What does your error message say?

I would be suspicious of a race condition.  You use local variables where you don't need to.  So the old value of the local variable may be used in the case structure before the new value gets written to it.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 15
(6,968 Views)

Hi

Well the error is this  Error 1 occurred at "NI_Database_API.lvlib:Conn getDataToModify.vi:1" Possible reason(s):
Object 0x000000 is not valid.

The vi only works when i put all data manually

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(6,963 Views)

Ravens Fan

I modifythe vi all without local variables but the error it's there

i send you the new version of vi

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(6,962 Views)

I'm not familiar with these VI's, and I wasn't able to find that particular VI mentioned in the hierarchy.

You still have one local variable you don't need for Table Names.  Though I don't think that would cause you an issue.

What do you mean by "VI only works when I put all data manually".   Manually where?  In the Data In Array control?  It is empty right now.  How are you trying to do it "not manually" that causes a problem?  This VI doesn't have anything hooked up to its connector pane to be able to use this programmatically as a subVI in another VI.  How are you running this VI?  It is really only a run once VI, so you have to enter all of your data before hitting the run button.  (I sure hope you aren't using the run continuously button.)  That means the OK button really has no purpose.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(6,945 Views)

Raven Fan:

Manualy is when i define the table name and the columns, datas will be entry by the user that is the reason for the ok button

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(6,940 Views)

That really didn't clarify anything.  Perhaps if you posted a version of the VI that works for you where you do things manually, and the version of the VI where you are not doing things manually (i.e. programmatically or automatically??

Try running it with execution highlighting.  Open up the database VI's (it is a deep hierarchy) see if you can figure out when the error is occurring.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(6,936 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author antik

Raven Fan

I solved the problem check the vi and thanks for your time

See you

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(6,927 Views)
How did you fix this issue?  I am getting the same error.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(6,729 Views)

I am getting the same error.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(5,951 Views)