LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data acquisition speed

I have PCI-6221 and controlling it with LabVIEW 8.2.1.  I am measuring a voltage with an express VI; I set the Acquisition mode to N Samples and 1000 samples at rate to 250kS/s.  I am only achieving a 163 S/s  rate.  Is there way to increase the sample rate?  Or am I just reading anaverage of values between each increment of time?  i.e. since the board is reading at 250kS/s and since I am reading at 163 I would be missing1533 samples.  Are my readings just an average of 1533 samples? If so how can I change it so I just read the value of the sample at that given time?  Also  I am  using a while loop; is there a better way to run a program to increase speed?  Finally, since the my daq board has a sampling rate of 250S/s does this limit the speed at which my computer exicutes programs?

Thank You 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,020 Views)
You are going to have to post your code and also explain how you are determining that your sample rate of 163 S/s - or do your eally mean 163 kS/s?. Are you doing a single or multi-channel acquisition? Your reading will be 1000 samples no matter what the sample rate is.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,007 Views)