cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data acquisition in defined interval

Solved!
Go to solution

Good afternoon everyone.

I'm working with an Ocean Optics spectrophotometer and I can make it acquisition from Labview with the driver provided by the manufacturer. For the acquisition, you must enter an integration time, so, for example, if the integration time is 100ms, I can only obtain the measurements in 100 ms intervals.
The problem I'm having here is that I need to monitor this acquired signal over time. The idea I had was: use a timer and the "quotient and remainder" function. The idea is to divide the time elapsed by the integration time (both in ms) and to make the measurement every time the quotient value changes. So the idea is that when the quotient changes, for example, from 4 to 5, the measure is made. I tried several ways to make it work this way, using shift register, using feedback nodes, doing array storage comparing last value with a penultimate value, but none of these ways I was able to make it work.
Can anyone give me an idea of ​​how I could proceed with this problem?
Attached, I sent the subVI responsible for picking up the elapsed time and divide by the integration time.
Thanks for listening.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,941 Views)

Good afternoon,

I might miss something but can't you use the "wait until next ms multiple" function to rate the measurment loop ?

Regards,

Alban RCENTUM ADENEO
Certified LabVIEW Developer

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,920 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rdgsnm

Just use the Elapsed Time function in the Timing palette.  It has a simple boolean output to tell you if X seconds has passed.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 3 of 5
(2,907 Views)

Hello. Thanks for the answer, but I can't use the "wait until next ms multiple" function because I use other digital outputs which requires a triggering time smaller than the integration time.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,876 Views)

Hello. 
Thanks for the answer.

Your sugestion have worked very well. I feel bad for not thinking in this solution hahaha
I am sending the VI with the expected behavior.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,875 Views)