LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data acquisition discrepancy (DSOS054 w/ 90000 series drivers)

Solved!
Go to solution

I have been getting different waveforms displayed on my oscilloscope as opposed to the data that is displayed on the waveform graph on Labview. I have my computer and oscilloscope connected through a crossover ethernet cable (and I know that this is not the root of the problem, since it has worked with my 5000 series oscilloscope). The waveform which is displayed in Labview has a much higher frequency than the actual form but somehow has a correlation to the actual frequency. I am using the 90000 series drivers (which are apparently tested to work with my oscilloscope type but I would be glad to find that there was a S054A specific driver).

Screenshot 4 shows the acquired waveform of 10k Hz (should look like Untitled1.png)

Screenshot 3 shows the acquired waveform of 100 Hz(Untitled.png)

(Each has a window of 10 ms and should display as a step function)

So far I have tried using different set protocols (HiSlip and Instrument(VXI-11)), tried saving the data to make sure that the waveform display was not the problem, modified all of the single waveform settings, waiting on an order of USB cables to test that avenue, changed the trigger and acquisition settings.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,310 Views)

Are you doing any Scaling on either your Oscilloscope or in LabVIEW? They seem like the same signal but just set to a different scale almost...

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,244 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author tudoman

I found out what the problem was. I had not configured the data format because, while using the 5000 series, I didn't need to configure it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,241 Views)