cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Saving

Solved!
Go to solution

Hallo,

I need to save all data from a cluster, which is generated by the producer loop continuously. This data cluster contains about 20 nummeric elements, which represent different types of parameter. I want to save these data with heade

Is there any advice for the data saving?

Best regards

CLAD Certified

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,766 Views)

Do you need those data files later on for LV only only is it planned to read these files from other applications as well (e.g. DIAdem)?

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,759 Views)

Hallo Nobert,

Thanks for your reply.

DIAdem maybe not. But I will certainly use it in Matlab and LabVIEW.

Best regard

CLAD Certified

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,749 Views)

Clusters can be directly written into Datalog Files. This however is a file type which is LV proprietary and cannot be used with other tools.

So the first question you have to answer is how the file shall look like as such that LV and Matlab can access them.

Once you know this, we can help further. You should also use google (or other search engine) to look if there are free-to-use APIs for file types you want to take a check on.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 4 of 5
(2,743 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TUDarmstadtLLX

Hello,

finally I chose to use save data in txt format. I have changed the cluster into array and then give every element a header.

Best regard

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,666 Views)