From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Dashboard App Limitations

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an application where a central logging Windows PC/Labview needs to make data available for display on several users' displays.

Touchscreen devices offer the best solution for the environment and I'm assessing tablets running the Data Dashboard app vs touchscreen Windows tablet PCs running labview code.

The requirement is very flexible in that the users should each be able to view a selection of a large number of variables against each other or time and also choose the time period for display.

I can see the data dashboard app is in ongoing development and I've tested it with some trial data including multiple line plots and being able to zoom and scroll the displays as well as controlling shared variables to select the data to be graphed.

However I'm coming around to the conclusion that I need to go the full tablet PC route to use the full power of Labview to make a suitable UI.

I'd just like confirmation of the following current limitations of the Data Dashboard:

i) I can only have one Y axis on multiplot graphs/charts. (and can't specify individual colours for plots)

ii) It's not possible to simply supply a timestamp along the X axis.

iii) Things like 3D plots are currently impossible!

iv) I will have about 20000 points for each of at least 10 variables and this seems to slow the Dual Core 1.5GHz/ 1Gb RAM tablet I'm currently using. Would more processing power/memory help this?

Many Thanks for reading.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,212 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rusbas
You will probably get the best response if you post to the Data Dashboard board.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,193 Views)

Thanks, I couldn't see one when I posted, but I'll have another search.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,182 Views)