LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dashboard - focus in string control

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm using a barcode reader in a Dashboard application. I would like to force the focus in a string control to continously receive barcode data. Is there a way to force the focus in a variable (in dashboard)?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,907 Views)

Property node.

Example_VI_BD.png

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,899 Views)

Hi Jim,

I know how to do it in LabView. I want to edit a property of a Dashboard control (share variable). I haven't access the control properties (right-click)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,883 Views)

Hello Michel,

I have a few questions for you that will help me better understand your application and the functionality you would like to implement:

1.   Are you using Data Dashboard and if so, what platform are you running Data Dashboard on?

2.   Are you collecting the barcode data using a reader and trying to continuously write the barcode data to a string network shared variable?

3.   Or are you trying to continuously update a string indicator with barcode data already stored in a network shared variable?

Thanks for the additional information!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,846 Views)

The main application is on a PC (Windows 7 Pro). It is a test fixture used in our factory. The user has an iPad installed on the wall over the test station. To start the test, he scan the product's serial number barcode. This barcode is read by the Dashboard application (bluetooth barcode reader) in the iPad. This serial number is also received bt the main application in the PC (network share variable). The PC application starts the tests and at the end, it returns a Pass/Fail result to the iPad (2 network shared boolean indicators).

The user removes the product from the test fixture and starts again with another product. The focus must always stay in the string control (in the iPad) to be ready to receive a new barcode string.

My question is : is it possible to force the focus in that iPad string?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,835 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MichelBoud

Hello Michel,

I believe I understand your application better. Compared to LabVIEW, Data Dashboard has limited functionality and there is currently no way to programmatically set focus. If the string control loses focus (let’s say the user touches the screen anywhere besides the string indicator) then the user must restore focus by tapping on the string control. If the barcode scanner is removing focus from the string control automatically between scans, then the user will have to reestablish focus manually.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,803 Views)

Hello Earl,

Dashboard is a great application. The iPad can replace a monitor, a keyboard and a mouse. It is very helpful in a factory environment.

I hope NI will keep improving the Dashboard application with new features!

Thanks for your help

Michel

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,776 Views)