Knight of NI
Knight of NI
Ben
0 Kudos

Re: Darren's Weekly Nugget 09/27/2010

Stranman wrote:

A great new option regardless!

Agreed!

It rates right up there with the pocket knife, in that the tool in our pocket does not damage anything when we aren't looking.

:smileysurprised:

Ben

Ben Rayner
Who is NOT John Galt... yet... just building Rayner's Ridge
Scheduled to close on the new ridge next week!
ohiofudu israel

Nice for my typedef clusters,

Thanks Darren for the Nugget.

Ohiofudu

CLD

Certified LabVIEW Architect.
Ohiofudu Israel

Knight of NI
Ray.R
0 Kudos

s-w-e-e-t

This is great.  No more sub-vi to hide the nasty clusterosaurus.

0 Kudos

I agree that it is a very convenient feature - but one thing: Currently the icons are displayed the same way as frontpanel elements would be displayed if we activated "show frontpanel elemets as symbols" in BD-settings. As far as I can see there is no way to display them as icons, right? Or did I miss something here?

I think such an option would increase the readability even more and the handling of cluster icons would work the same way as the handling of other symbols does.

Trusted Enthusiast
Darren
0 Kudos

KleeD wrote:

I agree that it is a very convenient feature - but one thing: Currently the icons are displayed the same way as frontpanel elements would be displayed if we activated "show frontpanel elemets as symbols" in BD-settings. As far as I can see there is no way to display them as icons, right? Or did I miss something here?

I think such an option would increase the readability even more and the handling of cluster icons would work the same way as the handling of other symbols does.

The current behavior is that a non-typedef cluster constant will have a generic small cluster icon, and a typedef cluster constant will display the icon of the typedef VI. 

Darren Nattinger, CLA
LabVIEW Artisan and Nugget Penman
KleeD
0 Kudos

Darren wrote:

The current behavior is that a non-typedef cluster constant will have a generic small cluster icon, and a typedef cluster constant will display the icon of the typedef VI. 

Sorry I must have missed that, you even wrote it in the first post. I use typedefs most of the time so I just did not come across this yet. Makes perfect sense to me then.

Many thanks Darren

Trusted Enthusiast
DFGray

Note that this gives you more incentive to put decent icons on your typedefs - so you can distinguish them when you convert them to icons.

Using LabVIEW 2011 - 2013 on Windows 7 64-bit
Knight of NI
Knight of NI
Ben
0 Kudos

DFGray wrote:

Note that this gives you more incentive to put decent icons on your typedefs - so you can distinguish them when you convert them to icons.

This Nugget resembles that remark.

See this preview

Ben

Ben Rayner
Who is NOT John Galt... yet... just building Rayner's Ridge
Scheduled to close on the new ridge next week!