LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darren's Weekly Nugget 09/11/2006

Hey, LabVIEW 8.2 users!  Put this in your LabVIEW INI file...

iluvlv20=True

Let's see who's the first to figure out what it does... 🙂

-D

P.S. - Here's another one:  TwentyYears=True  ... this one's a lot more obvious.

P.P.S. - Check out past nuggets here.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(10,594 Views)

@Darren wrote:
Let's see who's the first to figure out what it does... 🙂

Cool "about" screen. 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(10,584 Views)

Message Edited by altenbach on 09-11-2006 09:01 AM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(10,576 Views)
What are you using to create the *.png files?  I see them frequently used here in the LV forum, but I've never seen them anywhere else before. 
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(10,570 Views)
PNG is a lossless (unlike JPEG) format which has been gaining popularity over the last few years (you can read about its history here). You can even use Microsoft Paint to save PNG files. It's much better for LV than JPEG, because lines and text don't come out well in JPEG due to the compression algorithm.

(10,544 Views)

@Ed Henrie wrote:
What are you using to create the *.png files?  I see them frequently used here in the LV forum, but I've never seen them anywhere else before. 

Ed,

A little light reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Png

PNG is just yet another graphics file format - it's good for non-photo images (i.e. screen captures of running software etc.), since it's non-lossy.  It has a bit of a political history, since it was developed to replace GIF when GIF patent issues arose.  Many photo/image editing programs can read/write PNG - I just use Microsoft Photo Editor here on my Win 2000 box.

Jaegen

P.S. One other trick (which I only recently discovered) to getting in-line images in a post here on the NI forums is to first submit the post with the image only as an attachment, then view the message and copy the shortcut to the attached file, edit the message and insert the image in-line where you want it with the copied shortcut.

[Edit: Boy, two concurrent posts both with a link to Wikipedia.  It's really too bad Wikipedia is sooo unreliable ... Smiley Wink ]

Message Edited by Jaegen on 09-11-2006 09:37 AM

Message Edited by Jaegen on 09-11-2006 09:40 AM

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(10,543 Views)

I hope Wikipedia is reliable enough in this case. Anyway, it has become the de-facto standard of where to go when you want to get a quick (not necessarily accurate) reference.

BTW, since Jaegen mentioned inserting images into your posts - LV can also read and write certain variants of PNG. A tool was even developed to help you post images of your code (can be found here). Basically, you can get it to appear in your tools menu and if you're using Windows, it will even copy the path of the created image into the clipboard, so you don't have to browse for it. You can also use it to only get an image of some of your code or of your FP as well.

Message Edited by tst on 09-11-2006 07:42 PM

(10,535 Views)