LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darren's Weekly Nugget 07/10/2006

It’s also important to note that in the above description (Darren’s at the very top) when you want the code to “do something” when you have X but not Y you’ll need to do that “something” in the FALSE case of a case structure and not the TRUE case of that structure if you wire it directly (this could be a small point of confusion)….

To comment on the IFF operator, the truth table depends on both X and Y, so the function for x <=> y is not equivalent to x.  As far as why it’s not implemented in LabVIEW, I suppose its just not used all that often ;).

As much “fun” as logic class was in college, I wouldn’t exactly say I use it all the time (ask me what Demorgan’s theorem is for example and watch me scratch my head in forgetfulness).

Have a great week everybody,

Travis M
LabVIEW R&D
National Instruments
Message 11 of 13
(1,700 Views)

@Travis M. wrote:

ask me what Demorgan’s theorem is for example and watch me scratch my head in forgetfulness).

OK, what is Demorgan's theorem?
- tbob

Inventor of the WORM Global
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(1,688 Views)

@Travis M. wrote:

To comment on the IFF operator, the truth table depends on both X and Y, so the function for x <=> y is not equivalent to x.  As far as why it’s not implemented in LabVIEW, I suppose its just not used all that often ;).

Yeah, I made that mistake.  Isn't it just an nxor (exclusive-or negated)?  So I guess it is implemented in LV under "not exclusive or".

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(1,670 Views)