LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darren's Weekly Nugget 02/08/2010

Hey Darren,

Nice nugget.

I'm trying to reproduce it, and I get error 1136. Any idea what that's about?

Thanks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Paul Johnson
Renco Encoders, Inc
Goleta, CA
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(2,533 Views)
Your tree needs to have an item in it called 'a' before you run the VI.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(2,524 Views)
Any plans on glyphs in multiple columns for the MCL, like in your example finder?
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(2,356 Views)

ErnieH wrote:
Any plans on glyphs in multiple columns for the MCL, like in your example finder?

That sounds like a good idea for the Idea Exchange.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(2,346 Views)

Its there.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Symbols-on-all-columns-of-a-multicolumn-listbox/idi-p/...

But if it is already available, just post it to your users. In addition, publish all your special ini settings. Also, make SBRIO more available for purchase in small quantities. That's it for now. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(2,328 Views)

@Phillip Brooks wrote:

One additional thing:

I once created an 'upgrade tool' that would show the contents of a folder and subfolders in a tree control.

I wanted to display the system icon for each registered file type that  was displayed in the tool.  I used a private method of LabVIEW (Get Shell Icon of File) to retrieve the glyph, then loaded this into the symbols array of the tree.

I've attached the low level VI that retrieves the shell icon, but the VI is password protected. ( vi in LabVIEW 8.6)

This type of VI might be a nice addition to the standard LabVIEW libs, or may even already exist (I couldn't find it).

I just noticed this Nugget.  A while ago I had created a toolkit that extracts the icons from exes and associated files in windows and converts them to LabVIEW image types for use in tree controls and for extracting images for VI icon generation.  At the time I hadn't come across this nice private method.  If any of you are interested, here is the VIPM package for it.  Let me know if you find it useful.  A description of it is here: IconExpress

Steffan

Message 16 of 20
(1,588 Views)

How did you get access to the "Custom item Symbols.Set Symbol" property?....any reason you did not just upload the vi?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,276 Views)

@MrJackHamilton wrote:

How did you get access to the "Custom item Symbols.Set Symbol" property?....any reason you did not just upload the vi?

Set Symbol is a method, not a property. I guess it's not so obvious when using implicit invoke nodes, like in the screenshot.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(1,253 Views)

Darren,

Thanks for the quick response!. Yes, it's odd you cannot tell what alot of things are from the diagram icons. Also browsing the vast list of properties is not easy either, using the search works, but I notice that the 'displayed' property label, will sometimes not be exactly the selected description label.

Ah, the joys in the easy life of LV coding.

Regards

Jack Hamilton

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,206 Views)

@MrJackHamilton wrote:
Also browsing the vast list of properties is not easy either, using the search works, but I notice that the 'displayed' property label, will sometimes not be exactly the selected description label.

You migh want to vote for this - http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Add-Intellisense-support-to-the-property-node/idi-p/15...

(1,173 Views)