LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Darren's Occasional Nugget 11/14/2013

@Darren wrote:

I can't help you with QuickHyperlink yet, but we've already got QuickBookmark in 2013...it's Shift-3. 😉

I can't believe I fell for that.  Launched LabVIEW and everything to test it.

Message 11 of 27
(2,166 Views)

@Hooovahh wrote:

@Darren wrote:

I can't help you with QuickHyperlink yet, but we've already got QuickBookmark in 2013...it's Shift-3. 😉

I can't believe I fell for that.  Launched LabVIEW and everything to test it.

I when out for a smoke and caught the joke...  Darren, that's not what I really meant! 

Assume a free lable of.

"Darren, that's not what I really meant! "

Highlight as so....

Darren, that's not what I really meant! 

Ctrl+M

#Darren, that's not what I really meant! (Possibly, converting all word boundries to thorns so the Java weenies can understand the typing)

Which would look nicer if highlight, bold, and other formatting on the post editor wasn't flakey here.

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 27
(2,146 Views)

@JÞB wrote:

Highlight as so....

Darren, that's not what I really meant! 

Ctrl+M

#Darren, that's not what I really meant!

Maybe I'm missing something, but if you just click right before "Darren" in your example and add a "#" character, the bookmark is automatically created, bolded, and viewable in the Bookmark Manager. How would adding an additional Ctrl-key combo related to bookmarks help you here?

bm.png

Message 13 of 27
(2,118 Views)
OK. thanks for working that out so fast.

perhaps I missed that... shift 3. Feature...

I did

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 27
(2,097 Views)

Darren thanks for shearing.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 27
(2,060 Views)

Hi Darren,

Is there a list of shortcuts and the associated .ini edits posted somewhere?

Thanks,

Doug

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 27
(1,973 Views)

@doug wrote:

Is there a list of shortcuts and the associated .ini edits posted somewhere?

The LabVIEW configuration file topic on the LabVIEW Wiki contains a large list of LabVIEW INI tokens. It's not a complete list by any stretch, but it's the best publicly-available list I know of.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 27
(1,941 Views)

In my LabVIEW 2013 QuickBold does not work Smiley Sad

But HiliteExecutionPride works instead Smiley Happy

BTW Is there any app for managing ini file or do I have to do it myself? Smiley LOL

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 27
(1,705 Views)

@bienieck wrote:

BTW Is there any app for managing ini file or do I have to do it myself? Smiley LOL

Tools >> Options

This gives a UI for many of LabVIEW's settings.  But because NI has super special secret INI keys, this being one of them, there is not an all inclusive LabVIEW.ini editing.  Especially when keys come and go with each revision of LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 27
(1,696 Views)

@bienieck wrote:

In my LabVIEW 2013 QuickBold does not work

This is the first I've heard of QuickBold not working. A few questions/suggestions:

• Did you restart LabVIEW after editing your INI? Did you remember to save your INI after editing it? Are you sure you're in LabVIEW 2013?
  • What platform are you on? Mac and Linux have different formatting in their INI files. I think on Linux it's case-sensitive. Also, on Mac, the keyboard shortcut is Command-B, not Ctrl-B.
  • QuickBold doesn't work on the panels of .ctls or globals...only panels/diagrams of standard VIs.
  • Did you have text highlighted and/or were you typing in the text field when you tried it? It won't work if you just select the label with the selection tool...you have to be in the process of editing the text for it to work. And it only works on text fields within the panel or diagram...doesn't work in the VI Properties dialog, e.g.
  • Maybe try backing up your INI file and making a new one, where the only token is QuickBold (after the top-level "[LabVIEW]" line, of course). In case there's some formatting problem in the INI above QuickBold.

That's all I can think of for now, hopefully one of these suggestions helps!

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 27
(1,670 Views)