LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daqmx clear taks freeze

IonR,

I tried to run your example and same thing happens - DAQmx clear task.vi runs for about 5-10 seconds, sometimes even more, before you can stop the actual VI.

As you can see, no matter how simple the code is, problem remains 😞 I think I need to try reinstalling software..

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(1,278 Views)

Hi PawelS,

I had a problem with attaching the example, so you will find it in the post of IonR.

Now, I mentiond that the loop will execute only once because when you press the Dades On switch, it is immeditately reinitialized inside the case structure ( Check please the Capture.png ). Then, you have the AUTO indicator set to false, followed by a Not node, which will output a true value to the conditional terminal of the acquisition loop ( Capture2.png) - therefore, it will execute only once; unless you press the Dades On switch again.

Let us know how it works when you run the acquisition example....Hope it helps.

Denis

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 20
(1,271 Views)

Hi again,

Well, I forgot about the AUTO indicator, which in real application is always set on when data is being collected - anyway, you can manualy set it TRUE and the loop will keep executing,untill you press stop button.

Anyway, as I mentioned few minutes ago, the same thing happens while executing your example.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(1,261 Views)

Well, in this case, check the drivers first. Then, if it still doesn't work, try testing the DAQ card, or replacing it with one from a station that actually works well... then, if it's not the card, the only option left is the computer or the OS.

Denis  

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(1,256 Views)

Thanks for the support, unfortunately it is not possible to use DAQ card from another station at the moment, I hope soft will work it out. I will let you know.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(1,253 Views)

@DStavilaNI wrote:

Well, in this case, check the drivers first. Then, if it still doesn't work, try testing the DAQ card, or replacing it with one from a station that actually works well... then, if it's not the card, the only option left is the computer or the OS.

Denis  

Hello,

I installed LabView 2013 and reinstalled DAQmx 14.0, unfortunately nothing changed.

I found that older station runs on WinXP (actual - Win7), but is it really possible that OS changes performance so drastically?

I thought about installing older drivers, which may be installed on the older station (~2 years ago), what do you think about that? I would really like to try everything before OS reinstall/change.

Thanks in advance for your opinion.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(1,208 Views)

Additionaly I found out, that clear task doesn't freeze while acquiring digital sample (see attached code) - works perfectly.

Any sugestions?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(1,202 Views)

Hi PawelS,

I believe it might be worth a shot trying to use the same drivers ( even try the same configuration utility ) as for the working XP machine. But if it doesn't work, you are going to be in the same situation. Therefore, I would rather suggest you finding a way to test the actual DAQ device - take the card from the Windows 7 machine and put it into the XP one ( or the opposite ), and see how it works. This way you will know for sure if it is a hardware problem or software. If it is hardware, there is nothing much you can do, but if it is software - there are still options, like cheking the compatibility of the current driver with the device, than the compatibility of the driver with the OS and so on.

Regards,

Denis  

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(1,193 Views)

@DStavilaNI wrote:

Hi PawelS,

I believe it might be worth a shot trying to use the same drivers ( even try the same configuration utility ) as for the working XP machine. But if it doesn't work, you are going to be in the same situation. Therefore, I would rather suggest you finding a way to test the actual DAQ device - take the card from the Windows 7 machine and put it into the XP one ( or the opposite ), and see how it works. This way you will know for sure if it is a hardware problem or software. If it is hardware, there is nothing much you can do, but if it is software - there are still options, like cheking the compatibility of the current driver with the device, than the compatibility of the driver with the OS and so on.

Regards,

Denis  

Hi,

Thanks for your opinion, unfortunately I am not able to switch hardware between machines (the older one is heavily occupied).

BUT I think I solved the problem - instead of using low level functions, I tried DAQ Assistant, it doesn't freeze anymore - I don't know if it is recommended solution to cast it every iteration of the loop, but for now it solves the unwanted effect and speeds up the cycle.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(1,179 Views)

That's the first time I've heard of the DAQ Assistant actually making something work rather than restricting someone from doing what the want to do.

The DAQ assistant actually uses the regular DAQmx functions, they are just hidden from you to make it easier for new users to get something working quickly.  Usually, when you need to do something a bit more, than you find out the limitations of Express VI's

I would use the right click option Open Front Panel on the DAQ assistant.  Take a look at the underlying code and compare it to the way you you were doing it before.  It should help you figure out what was originally going wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(1,165 Views)