From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daq 6703 Ni DAQMX

Hey everyone,
I have a NI-6703 and a connector box and was wondering how do you initialize your ports using Ni-DAQ MX. I thought that I could intialize the Digital IO ports the same as the NI-6033 with Daq MX.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,618 Views)

Hi,

I vaguely remember that this device was not supported by NI DAQmx 7.0

So, which version of NIDAQmx are you using??

See if upgrading to a higher version solves your problem

regards,

Dev

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,611 Views)

@devchander wrote:

Hi,

I vaguely remember that this device was not supported by NI DAQmx 7.0

So, which version of NIDAQmx are you using??

See if upgrading to a higher version solves your problem

regards,

Dev

I am sorry for taking so long to reply. I checked my daq MX version and its 8.0.0f0.. I am using an SCB-68 connector box for a 6703..
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,587 Views)

Hi,

What do you mean by initialize? Do you mean setting each of the lines low or high? What language are you using to program the PCI-6703?  If you are using LabVIEW you can go to Help>>Find Examples to find digital output examples.  There is a section in the bottom right corner which lists supported devices.  There is a DAQmx Write Digital Port example that works with the PCI-6703 that you may want to look at.  This example will update the digital port to correspond with the value you enter in the "Data to Write" control.

If you are working with CVI, C or VB, installing DAQmx should have also installed examples for you to reference. These examples are located in the NI-DAQ folder (i.e C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\Examples).

Hope this helps,

Jennifer O.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,568 Views)