cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DaNI Ultrasonic sensor

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear All 

I work with DaNI robot , I have problem with the PING sensor that  rotates just 90 degree to the right rather than 180 degree ( right to left ) 

can anyone show me the possible solutions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUKOZTjYubk

thanks in advance 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,906 Views)

@Yazen wrote:

Dear All 

I work with DaNI robot , I have problem with the PING sensor that  rotates just 90 degree to the right rather than 180 degree ( right to left ) 

can anyone show me the possible solutions?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUKOZTjYubk

thanks in advance 

What does this have to do with LabVIEW?

And if you are controlling this robot LabVIEW, you had better post your VI.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,882 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Yazen

When you mount the ultrasonic sensor to the servo motor, make sure that you can move it by hand all the way to the left and to the right.  The motor only has a range of motion of a little more than 180 degrees, so if you don't align the sensor in the center of the range of motion it will not move properly.  Also make sure to run the utility VI that calibrates the motor angle offset once you've done this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,858 Views)

thanks CMal

I cant move the servo by hand just by one side , does that mean the servo no working well ?

many thanks dear 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,792 Views)

Yazan,

Like I said, you will need to mount he sensor to the motor so that it has a full range of motion from left to right.  Try taking these steps:

1. Rotate the sensor by hand until the motor reaches it's maximum angle in one direction.
  2. Rotate the sensor 90 degrees in the other direction.
  3. Disconnect the sensor from the motor.  You'll need a screwdriver for this.
  4. Reconnect the sensor to the motor with it facing forward.  The motor should now be able to rotate 90 degrees to the left and to the right.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,746 Views)