LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DVB-S2 - BCH and LDPC coding fixed codeword length (modulation toolkit)

Greetings. 

I'm doing project in LabVIEW on subject "DVB-S2 communication system modeling in LabVIEW". The system specification says that DVB-S2 information frame must have fixed length of 64800 bits (long frame) or 16200 bits (short frame) after BCH + LDPC channel coding. I use modulation toolkit's LDPC and BCH encoders, but i just can't get fixed block length, the block is always wider than 64800 (16200) bits for code rates different than 1/2 (LDPC and BCH coding parameters are attached.)

Does anybody know how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance.

Cheers 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(4,238 Views)

Hi Diablo_17_bj

Would you post a small version of your code where this behavior could be replicated?

Regards,

steve.bm
AE | NI
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(4,208 Views)

I have an LabVIEW VI if that's what you mean...?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(4,206 Views)

Yes.  Your VI is your code.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(4,193 Views)

Sure, here it is. My LabVIEW version is 2010. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(4,178 Views)

Can you please help me? I don't have much time.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(4,159 Views)

Hi!,

I tried to open the vi but it's asknig me for a MT BCH Decoder (Systematic).vi

steve.bm
AE | NI
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(4,154 Views)

It is asking you for this VI because you need to have Modulation Toolkit installed, because the VI is part of it.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(4,137 Views)

Hi diablo_17_bj,

What are the n, k, t values you're looking to use? It looks like your final array size is dependent upon these options.

Thanks,
Lisa Jiang

National Instruments

Applications Engineering

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(4,112 Views)

"k" is number of information bits on encoder input, "n" is overall number of bits on output, and "t" is number of bits that can be corrected by encoder.

The main problem is that "n" must be in form of 2^m-1, and it can't be defined as in DVB-S2 encoder parameters table. LDPC encoder's output must always give same number of bits - 16200 for short data block or 64800 for normal data block. When I'm changing code rate for LDPC encoder, LDPC output is always bigger than it should be.

I think that LDPC encoder is not working properly because it doesn't give correct output which is defined by number of rows / number of columns, and that's the code rate.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(4,102 Views)