LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DST setting for absolute time in waveform graph

I am using a waveform graph to display some pre-recorded data, with absolute time on the X-axis.
If the time period of the data includes the point at which daylight savings time changes, then this comes out correct on the X-axis i.e. there is a one hour jump in time on the X scale.

But this is only correct if the data is recorded in the same time zone with the same DST settings as the computer used to display the data. If I am viewing data that was recorded in another country, the time on the X scale can come out wrong.
Is there any way to get the graph to ignore the DST setting, so that I don't get the one-hour jump on the X scale?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,592 Views)
Hello,

Unfortunately at this time there is no property to allow the graph, and only the graph, ignore DST as you mentioned. The best I can do is make the following three suggestions.

1) You may create a product suggestion at by clicking on the "feedback" link at www.ni.com/contact so that our developers will consider adding this feature to a future release

2) If you change the time display of the graph to relative time, this jump in time should not be displayed

or

3) If you change the timezone on your computer to the timezone where the data was recorded, this should not be an issue.

Scott Y
NI
Message 2 of 3
(2,562 Views)
Hi Scott,

Thanks for your suggestions.
I actually prefer relative time, but other users wanted absolute time so that is why I put it in.
Most of the time it is not going to be a problem - the data is usually analysed by the same people who recorded it, so the times will always come out correct.
But we do have collaborations with people in other countries and swap data files back and forth, so it could get connfusing if the times come out different in different countries.
It would be nice if I could somehow tell the graph what timezone the data was recorded in, and it would display the time correct for that timezone. This would save me from having to change the timezone setting on my computer all the time. But in the mean time, that is what I'll do.

Many thanks,

Mark.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,554 Views)