LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSC opc read & BBDD SQL insert with DELAY

Hello everybody,

I have an application which read data via OPC using DSC and it writes every change into a SQL Database. I´m checking in the database the timestamp of the OPC tag and the pctimestamp when the value is written in the databse having a normal delay of 3 sec roughly. 

Aparently It doesn´t appear any error but when is running for about 2, 3 days, the delay increases to an hour, that doesnt seem a problem of the virtual memory because it keeps constant.

Few times when I have checked the application It appeared some errors with the ODBC.

I´ve attached the snapshots of the errors and the layout of the application.

I dont know what can be the cause of that delay, so I would appreciate some help about that.

Thanks,

Arnau

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,592 Views)

Hi,

just to make sure, I understood you correctly: When the programm starts, you write to the SQL DB, which takes 3 seconds. So the programm takes 3 seconds to execute the VI, right?

After 3 days it takes 1 hour to write to the Database so the programm stops at that point for 1 hour.

Is the increase in the write time gradual or does i go from 3 seconds to 1 hour all of a sudden?

Could you please provide me with the Error numbers? In the Pictures you attached I can't read them completely.

Best regards,

Remember Cunningham's Law
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,560 Views)

First of all thanks for your time Peter and sorry for my delayed answering your questions.

The 3 seconds delays it came from the subtraction of the Ttimestamp and PCTimestamp. I don´t have the error numbers because I only have the snapshoot, and the delay increases gradually.

I open only one time a database connection so that´s why I dont understand the reason of that acumulative delay.

Thanks,

Arnau Domingo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,507 Views)