LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSC Events and Alarm logging, reviewing and programmatical event generation?!

Hello,

I´m working the first time with the LabVIEW DSC Engine (Version 7.1) and have some questions.

First of all I have about ~300  Messages (in DSC called Events?) that have to be shown in a Listbox (e.g. "Automatic in ON" or "Automatic is OFF"). Every message depends on a state of a bit in a specific dataword.
And there are about ~150 alarm messages that must be shown in that listbox, too. The content of that listbox must be logged (-->Citadel DB??), so it is possible to view back some time what has happend. 

Here're my questions:

-- Must I create a tag for every (!) Message/Alarm?
-- How is it possible to decide between a message and a Alarm in the DSC application?
-- How can I put some user-defined messages in the listbox (I mean an Alarm summary or Alarm & Event display from the DSC palette)
-- What is an easy way for re-viewing the content of the lisbox? Might the listbox be a tag, too?

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,437 Views)

Hi,

Here're my answers:

-- Must I create a tag for every (!) Message/Alarm?

Yes, but u can copy the tags to get it done fast

-- How is it possible to decide between a message and a Alarm in the DSC application?

Don´t know exactly what you mean. For me, a message is a description bound to a specific alarm.   

-- How can I put some user-defined messages in the listbox (I mean an Alarm summary or Alarm & Event display from the DSC             palette)

Use the "read alarm summary.vi" . This puts out a table of all alarms.

-- What is an easy way for re-viewing the content of the listbox? Might the listbox be a tag, too?

The table from "read alarm summary.vi" should do it. But you may also make a string-tag and display the whole string from there  

in a listbox

MArco B. NIG
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,313 Views)