From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSC Error: IAK_SHARED unable to start service

Solved!
Go to solution

When I try to deploy a shared variable library, it fails to deploy and gives me the following message:  error: -1967362042, IAK_SHARED:  (Hex 0x8ABC7006) Unable to start service.  I am using LabVIEW 8.6 with DSC 8.6.  I was trying to run one of the examples (the Heat Exchanger example).  Any ideas?  I do have LabVIEW 8.5 installed as well (many of my clients are still using this), and I had DSC 8.5 installed.  Does DSC 8.5 need to be uninstalled first?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom Brass
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Saint Bernard Engineering, Inc.
www.saintbernardengineering.com
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 24
(10,748 Views)

Hi Tom,

It does not mean you have to uninstall any services. I would advise the following:

1. Do a repair on your DSC 8.6 installation by going to Start<Control Panel<Add Remove Programs and then to National Instruments software. 

2. Also check if you have the Variable engine running as a service when you are using the DSC module.

Ipshita C.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 24
(10,732 Views)

I do not have the Variable Engine service installed apparently.  I went to Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services and looked for anything labeled "Variable".  Nothing listed.  I've tried running the repair on the DSC 8.6 installation without any luck.  So how do I install the Shared Variable Engine if it isn't already installed?

Thanks!

Tom

Tom Brass
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 24
(10,729 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TomBrass

Hi Tom,

This implies that your installation is corrupt and some of the SQL components did not get installed with it. I would advise uninstalling it completely and then reinstalling it using the installation CD you have. I hope this helps. 

Ipshita C.

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 24
(10,715 Views)

I have it working now.  I uninstalled all of my DSC modules (including ver 8.6, 8.5, and 8.2), repaired LabVIEW 8.6, and then reinstalled DSC 8.6.  I'm wondering if having three different versions of the DSC module was just a little too much for my system to handle.  In any case, bottom line, LabVIEW 8.6 didn't install properly first time, but the repairing it seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks!

Tom

Tom Brass
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 24
(10,703 Views)

Hi,

I already uninstalled all the national products 2 times and always appears the same error 1967362042.

error 1967362042

David Fiorillo
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 24
(9,661 Views)
What am I supposed to do?
David Fiorillo
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 24
(9,660 Views)

The DSC module seems extremely touchy in my opinion.  Can't tell you how many hours I spent trying to figure out how to get things to work.  My advice is to first look i the Variable Engine is running (Start>>Control Panel>>Administrative Tools>>Services).  On the list of services should be "National Instruments Variable Engine" and it should be "Started".  Do you have that present?  When I had troubles, it was because it somehow got corrupted and therefore did not show up on the list of services.

If it is there,  another problem I had was with the login.  If you right-click on the service and select Properties, then click on the Log On tab, make sure "log on as this account" is checked along with the name and password of an Administrator.  That might fix your problem.

Tom Brass

Certified LabVIEW Developer

Tom Brass
Message 8 of 24
(9,656 Views)

Tom,

In my case it is there. But the status of the variable engine is always "not started". When I start this service and ran the VI, it fall. Something is stopping this service. But what? And Why? In my other PC, with Win XP, it works perfectly.

Variable engine

best regards,

David Fiorillo
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 24
(9,630 Views)

Tom,

I made what did you suggest but didn't work. Even that I try starts the service, the Variable Engine Service do not remain started.

Best regards.

David Fiorillo
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 24
(9,621 Views)