LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DSC 8.0 Run-Time custom installation

I'm having the same problem getting executables to find VarXnode.xnode.  When I deselect "Enable Enhanced DSC Run-Time Support" in the Build Specification (Advanced), the executable can find everything, but I lose debugging functionality.  Changing everything to DataSocket doesn't sound appealing.  Any word when the NI fix will ship? 
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 16
(4,215 Views)

DSC...:

What version of the LabVIEW DSC module are you using?

Regards,

Rudi N.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 16
(4,196 Views)

Rudi,

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 16
(4,185 Views)
DSC...:

When you do create your executable, do you have the "Enable Debugging" option checked?. At what point of the process do you lose debugging functionalities?. Does your executable appear in the list of applications? If so, at what point of the process do you not have debugging capabilities?. Please let me know what you find.

Thanks,

Rudi N.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 16
(4,148 Views)

Rudi,

The executable was created with "Enable Debugging". 

Usually when the application boots up, it starts immediately, but in this case, it loaded in the "stopped" condition.  Debugging was never available in that build, as far as I recall.

I apologize for my ignorance here - which "list of applications" are you referring to?

I have since ripped out the Shared Variables, and replaced them with DataSocket, and now the application loads and runs correctly. 

Dick

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 16
(4,119 Views)

Dick:

Once you click on Tools >> Debug Application or Shared Library, you get another window that allows you to select the application that you would like to debug. Please let me know if you run into further difficulties with DataSockets.

Thanks,

Rudi N.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 16
(4,075 Views)