From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMA FIFO Host RT to FPGA

Hello everyone,

I need a DMA FIFO host to target FPGA between a PXI-8106 and a PXI-7852R, I am working under Labview 14.0.1 

I need to know the available spaces before writing in the FIFO to avoid overflow, but I can't find a VI which can do this, the only way I know to get the available spaces in the FIFO is creating a invoke method <write>, but that means I have to write date before knowing the available spaces. 

Then I tried a another VI, <FIFO.Acquire Write Region (Invoke Method)>, but I got a error:

L'erreur -63193 s'est produite à : Invoke Method: FIFO.Acquire Write Region in cerclefifo v10 invoke referencev2.vi

Raisons possibles :

NI-RIO: (Hex 0xFFFF0927) The requested feature is not supported.

I think that means my embedded controler is not supported by FIFO.Acquire Write Region (Invoke Method).

Do you hace some ideas how to solve this problem?  Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,400 Views)

Hi Junli,

You can actually do a zero element write, which will return the number of empty elements in the DMA FIFO buffer. We document that here, http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/583DDFF1829F51C1862575AA007AC792, for the read case. I did a quick search and couldn't actually find a document that covers the write case, but I'll update if I do.

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,393 Views)

Hi, Sebastian

The link you posted isn't accessible now, can you check it please?

Thanks

speleato a écrit :

Hi Junli,

You can actually do a zero element write, which will return the number of empty elements in the DMA FIFO buffer. We document that here, http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/583DDFF1829F51C1862575AA007AC792, for the read case. I did a quick search and couldn't actually find a document that covers the write case, but I'll update if I do.

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,356 Views)

Hi,

The error is due to the comma at the end

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/583DDFF1829F51C1862575AA007AC792

Paolo_P
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabVIEW Architect
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,336 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,310 Views)

Thanks, everyone, for a FIFO DMA Host to target, there are few examples, I will try to write a empty array in order to query the space avaible in the FIFO on the host side.  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,296 Views)

This is my VI on the Host.

I use a while loop to quiry the space avaible in the FIFO until at least half of the FIFO is empty, then I write date into the FIFO

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,294 Views)

DMA FIFO.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,292 Views)

Hey Junli,

That looks like the right idea, did this sovle your problem?

One thing I noticed is that the loop timer is outside of the polling while loop, so it's not actualy controlling the polling rate. I think you'll want to move it inside the loop or delete it if your intent is to run the polling loop as fast as possible.

Sebastian

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,281 Views)