LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLL: array modified using pointer in DLL, results not showing in labview

Hi Everyone,

I need to use a dll for my hardware integration.

In my labview code I have the following set up.

0. I initialize my imager

1. an array (used as a buffer) is created to allocate the space in memory

2. the array is passed as a pointer to a DLL function where it registers that pointer as the memory location for the buffer

3. I call the DLLs image aqcuisition function

According to the SDK error output this process passes through the DLLs correctly.

My problem is that i do not have the resulting data available in labview. It is not clear how pointers affect labview data in documentation.

Is there anyway to retrieve the point to the array created and then import that memory block back into labview as an array?

Or is there another solution that does not involve me writting a DLL to encapsulate this one.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,141 Views)

Sounds like what you want to do is similar to the situation described in this thread: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-do-I-get-the-memory-address-of-an-array/td-p/1851275 (maybe it's even the same camera). If that doesn't help, please attach the following to your post: your LabVIEW code, documentation for the functions you are trying to call, and the header file (.h) for the DLL. Without your code and the documentation it is very hard to give good advice.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,112 Views)